Thursday, April 3, 2008

According to my hair, I am having a Mid-Life Crisis

Good God..what have I done?? I went to the hair dresser today. I have been trying to go for 6 months. You read that right... six months. Something always happens when the scheduled appointment draws near. Last time one of the girls was sick. Time before that, I had pneumonia. I was looking like a sea hag..my hair was down around my shoulders. There was another problem too. My nephew said "Aunt Sue..what is that white stuff in your hair??" I panicked thinking I had developed severe dandruff or perhaps worse(itchy critters if you know what I mean). "What stuff?" I angrily demanded. "This stuff" he answered pointing to all my grey hair. I quickly went to the mirror and realized how grey I had become in the last year. Hmmmmmmmmmm..I wonder where that came from??(see post from March 31st and you will know why!!)
So today was the day..the planets were in alignment, the sunny was shining and Suzy was going to the hairdresser. I sat down and said to Brian,"I don't care what colour you do as long as you cover the grey. Don't make it tacky and don't make it brassy. Other than that, just colour it, and cover the grey".
He giggled madly and mixed up his concoction. He began to spread it on my hair and the creme was a bright pink. "Brian, my hair is pink!!" I exclaimed rather loudly. I will point out I had my glasses off at this point but the pink was brilliant rather stunning. He assured me that pink was not the colour of my hair, just the creme. He sent me off to wait the usual time for the dye to take. I drank coffee and read trashy magazines, enjoying myself.
We rinsed it off and I plopped myself in front of the mirror. I was the one giggling madly. "Brian what the hell is this??" I could only giggle madly and reach for my glasses. Brian at this point was most seriously muttering about not liking the roots and that we may have to apply a toner to it. I stopped giggling. The roots were a funny fuscia colour..I am not sure if that even describes it. The rest of it was a magenta..maybe a light burgundy. He dried it a bit and it looked better. All of a sudden he realized that my roots were a funny colour because of the fluorescent light. We moved to another part of the shop that did not have the fluorscent lights and it looked nice. The cut was fantastic and I felt great. I left the shop giggling again. I got home and Lexi said "It looks nice Mom..kinda pink, kinda purple"!! I waited to see what Abe would say about the colourful hair. He just walked in, smiled and didn't say a thing. I didn't know whether to be relieved or annoyed. Oh well, at least I got a haircut!!!

1 comment:

tamara said...

Suh-weet! Can't wait to see it...I'm closing in on a year since I had my hair cut, so I can relate to the whole "Feeling like a sea-hag" business...