Monday, May 25, 2009

The Voice

I cannot believe a year has passed and I have not been blogging..I swore I would blog faithfully and make it all my own..and then poof..365 days passed..I am so consumed with everyday life,with the care of the babies, with the constant struggle of raising a handicapped child, in between the lousy job, and the care of house and home..where did I go? Where is Susan Buro? On a daily basis when I get a chance to pause..I wonder where the greatness I dreamed of went to?? Where's the writer who was going to write an incredible work? Where's passion of it all? I have no career to speak of..and all the education. I am not given to bouts of self pity..I am an eternal optimist by nature..but dammit..I still believe in this voice within. It's a voice so soft and demure, it is very easy to tune out. It is the voice that drips in passionate tones, and brings a skip of hope to my heart. It is the voice that lies in hibernation in the caverns of my soul, that I patiently summon every once in a blue moon. It is the voice the echoes to me in the waves at the beach, in the blur of breezy trees, and floats in the steely smoke of a campfire. The voice that tells me there are great works to come, there is a career, there is life beyond kith and kin, ..when does it all begin??

2 comments:

tamara said...

It begins when you decide it does...believe it or not, it's all under your control...you do what you choose to do...If you really want to write, start small--take your computer to the bathroom if you have to, and lock the door...tell Abe you're doing your "Daily Ablutions", and don't want to be disturbed for 15 minutes, once a day. Write what you can in that small span of time. Be brief, concise, and build from there. If it means the dishes don't get done 'til later, or a mess stays that way a little longer, so be it. Feed your passions...the blog is a great tool for keeping one sharp and focused on writing...it doesn't even have to be good...that'll come or not, as is its wont...but the important thing is to write...

Happy Mommy, happy family.

AnnMarie Brown said...

I have to agree with Tamara make the time and just do it. It is all in your control. I will be visiting often looking for updates to your blog and if I don't see any I will be messaging you about it. :) Luv ya!